As 2020 comes to an end, it is an opportunity for us to reflect on what the RIW Program has achieved in the last 12 months and to announce some exciting new enhancements scheduled for 2021.
We have worked with industry and listened to your feedback delivering around 150 new features or fixes to ensure the RIW System continues to deliver a system fit for industry.
Some of our key improvements include:
- Release of the RIW Kiosk/Tablet solution that integrates with the RIW System for automated swipe in/out of workers and visitors.
- Integration for Blood Alcohol Concentration Breathalysers’ for direct capture of BAC testing results into the RIW System.
- Improving the way competencies are added to a cardholder profile, directly linked to the requirements of a job role.
- New user profiles created, such as Advanced Project Administrators, and Administrators with Read Only and No Payment access.
- Improved user interface, search filtering and results, reporting and system notifications.
- PowerBI integration for larger companies and Network Operators to provide advanced reporting capability.
More information about all of our updates can be found here.
Our RIW Service Desk also continued to provide support to industry answering around 55,000 calls and 48,000 email ticket enquiries. That is over 8,500 queries resolved each month! We have also implemented a dedicated RIW Service Team to provide specialist support to our users.
Our user base is also continuing to increase, and we now have over 80,000 active and registered cardholders over 8,000 registered companies.
We have improved the way you can search for and access self-help information through the new RIW Knowledge Centre. Please check this out if you have any questions on how to use the RIW System, as we have a range of helpful videos, articles and guides. While you are on the website, be sure to also check out our refreshed Business Rules Centre, which provides the minimum acceptance criteria for the verification of competence across RIW Program participants.
In the new year we are planning another major system release which will deliver further improvements identified by industry including:
- Allowing Contractors in Charge to define job roles as a pre-requisite for sites and projects.
- Allowing the bulk award of job roles (similar to how competencies can be bulk awarded), plus allowing secondary and associated employers to also award job roles.
- Improving the way users can switch between multiple user roles.
We look forward to continuing to provide the rail industry with a system of choice that delivers a competency management system to enhance the safety of workers on participating rail networks across Australia.
Metro Trains Australia and the Australasian Railway Association thank you for your continued support and partnership, and wish you a safe and happy festive season.