RIW System Update Release
An RIW System Update Release has been scheduled for 8 April 2021, which incorporates over 30 system improvements and updates. With such a big release, we unfortunately require a large interruption to our service. Read on for more details.
RIW System Update Scheduled Service Interruption
Thursday 8 April 2021, 10:00 AEST
Thursday 8 April 2021, 22:00 AEST
Why did RIW choose this time for the interruption?
After interrogating RIW System use, especially in regards to swiping cardholders in to sites, the scheduled interruption window was the best time to perform the update, with most activity occurring prior to 10:00hrs AEST. The RIW System and associated platforms and apps will be back online for the peak the next day.
What services will be affected?
The following services will be unavailable during the outage window:
- RIW System
- myRIW System
- RIW App
- Web Card Reader
- Veritas ID Check Platform
- Kiosks,Tablets and Turnstiles (can be used in offline mode)
- Fast Track Medical Service Request
During the interruption, the RIW Service Desk will be unavailable for calls as they also have no system access. A recorded message will advise of the service interruption. Queries can still be sent through to the RIW Service Desk on email@example.com, and will be addressed once system functionality is returned.
How can you prepare for the outage?
If you are a Contractor In Charge of a site or manage the swiping of workers into site, then a bit of preparation prior to the interruption may assist.
- Ensure you know who will be working at your site on Thursday 8 April 2021 between the service interruption window.
- Consider sending an association request to cardholders if they do not hold a relationship with you. This will give you advance visibility of their suitability to meet site requirements.
- Ensure that you have available any RIW System Reports that may assist you in verifying competencies, job roles etc.
- Consider an alternative method of Access Controlling during the interruption if recording of cardholder attendance is required. Kiosks/Tablets/Turnstiles will work in offline mode during this period; read here for more information.
- If you have any planned major shutdowns around this time, please let the RIW Service Desk know by filling in a Notification of Shutdowns, Occupations or Possessions Service Request.
- Consider submitting any competencies for verification or medicals for upload early in the week. We have extra RIW Service Desk support available to process these prior to the service interruption.
We have some exciting new changes coming, which we’ve detailed in the RIW System Updates page. Most changes also have a corresponding article in our RIW Knowledge Centre, so please check the links on the Updates page for more information.
In summary, some of the changes you can expect include:
- A new messaging feature will allow Network Operators and Premium Functionality Employers to send multi-media rich safety related messages direct to cardholders through the Vircarda App, the virtual wallet that stores a cardholders RIW virtual card.
- Enhanced system notifications with the ability for RIW System Users and RIW cardholders to toggle on/off system notifications, such as medical, competency and subscription expiry notifications. Also RIW cardholders can now elect to receive system notifications via email or through the Vircarda App. We’ve also improved competency verification rejection emails, which now provide a short description as to why a competency was rejected.
- Allow RIW System Users with multiple logins the ability to switch between profiles without logging in/out.
- Job roles will now be assignable as pre-requisites for Networks, Project and Sites, and can also be bulk-awarded to cardholders (similar to the bulk award of competencies function).
- Statutory Declarations can be added to a cardholders profile, so that permissions verifying competencies can see the declaration where a change of name has occurred.
- Refinement of the Search for People Suitable for a Job Role to including returning cardholders with an exact gap match, as well as the ability to adjust the competency gap.
- Implementation of site working hour rules, which is maximum hours worked over a defined period, minimum rest periods between shifts and maximum mid-shift break, which can be applied to all methods of swipe-ins to a site.
- Spot Checkers can select a job role to specifically verify when undertaking a spot check, which is recorded against the swipe information in the RIW System.
- Various RIW App updates including new welcome message, defaulting the job role to that of the Network Operator where a valid Network Operator job role exists and a deny/restrict messaging and override facility for exceeding working hour rules. Also, iPhones can now also use Near Field Communication (NFC) to read RIW cards.
- And lots more! Check out the RIW System Updates page for the full list.
How can you find out more?
If you would like to have a full walkthrough on the upcoming changes, please register to attend one of our April 2021 RIW System Update Zoom sessions, which will feature a live presentation, followed by a Q&A session at the end. Click on the below links to register:
If you cannot make one of these sessions, they will be recorded and made available on the RIW website. We’ll let you know when they are available to view.