What services will be affected?
The following services will be unavailable during the outage:
- RIW System
- myRIW System
- RIW App (accessible in offline mode)
- Web Card Reader
- Veritas ID Check Platform
- RIW E-Learning Platform
- Kiosks, Tablets and Turnstiles
- Fast track competency verifications (RIW System)
- Fast track medical assessment (Service Request)
During the interruption, the RIW Service Desk will be unavailable for phone support. Queries and service requests can still be sent through to the RIW Service Desk on email@example.com and will be addressed once system functionality has resumed.
How can you prepare for the outage?
If you are a Contractor In Charge of a site or manage the swiping of workers into site, a bit of preparation prior to the interruption may assist.
- Ensure you know who will be working at your site on Wednesday 12 October 2022 between the service interruption window.
- Consider sending an association request to cardholders if they do not hold a relationship with you. This will give you advance visibility of their suitability to meet site requirements.
- Ensure you have available any RIW System reports that may assist you in verifying competencies, job roles etc.
- Consider an alternative method of access control during the interruption if recording of cardholder attendance is required.
- If you have any planned major shutdowns around this time, please let the RIW Service Desk know by filling in a Notification of Shutdowns, Occupations or Possessions Service Request.
- Consider submitting any competencies for verification or medicals for upload early. We have extra RIW Service Desk support available to process these prior to the service interruption.
What can you expect with this release?
We have some exciting new changes coming for industry, including:
- Adding geomapping to swipes and muster lists to augment tabulated swipe data with an interactive map view of workers on site.
- Introducing Additional Medical information functionality to capture other medical type requirements, such as immunisations, audiometric testing or lead and silica monitoring.
- Improved user interface controls across the RIW System, including new data grids, system icons, buttons and navigation controls, as well as a new in-app Resource Centre.
- Cardholders can now end their employment relationships direct in myRIW, as well as access their competency evidence certificates.
- Introducing two-factor authentication across the RIW System, making user accounts even more secure.
For a full list of all the changes, please visit the RIW System Updates page. The release notes will be interactive on release day, linking to the relevant RIW Knowledge Centre article to get you up to speed with the changes.
Want to promote this?
We have developed an A3 poster you can print and display on site for this service interruption. Download it here.
Our latest Community of Practice Webinar: Master the major RIW System release is now available online, which you can watch now.
If you require any assistance you can always contact the RIW Service Desk on 1300 101 682 or firstname.lastname@example.org.